Friday, April 30, 2010

Before We Get Up in the Morning

I had the privilege of attending the World Home Bible League luncheon in our area on Thursday. We had delicious food of chicken salad, muffins and a sweet dessert.
Judy Kay Schreur, a motivational speaker spoke on "Celebrate Life". She shared many things on how to be a happy Christian but the thing that I'm going to strive to do is before I get up in the morning think of 5 things that I am thankful for. Most of the time my bones are crying up for movement but the time I wake up and so my energy and thoughts are on my pain and discomfort. I'm going to try be thankful, instead of stressing because I hurt. I might add, once I get going my pain goes away. (So my #1 is I'm thankful that my pain goes away once I'm up and about.).

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Mari said...

I think that's a great idea. It's a good way to start your day in the right way.

Glenda said...

That's a wonderful way to start the day! Reminds me of the Scripture that says, "This is the day the Lord has made and I will rejoice in it." Being able to get out of bed is indeed a blessing!

linda said...

USD 0.99 can't buy much but it certainly can help me

Find me 70,000 people worldwide willing to buy virtual lemonade advertisement plot to fund for college

Pixels for Lemonade

Cherdecor said...

That sounds like a good plan.

Nancy said...

I'm glad you shared that. I'm going to do that, too. It's just a great way to begin each day. I think it'll also put me in the right frame of mind.

Have a good weekend!

Nancy

Seeking Grace on the Narrow Path said...

"Hey" Connie,
Oh my . . . can you tell I am from the south? Love your blog and decided to become a follower . . . I know I will learn much here.
In HIS Hands,
Bren

Jennifer said...

What a wonderful way to start your day!! Oh - and I love the look of your blog:)

Teri said...

Hi Connie ~ Such a great idea! I think this is a perfect way to start the day! Thank you for sharing! Hugs ~ Teri