Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Tip for Tuesday - Window Boxes

We have a window box under our kitchen window. I came across a great tip for keeping dirty water from spraying up on the window when we water the plants.
After you plant your flowers in the window box, put a layer of gravel or marbles on top. When you water or it rains, the dirt won't splash all over the window. I'm tryin it!





























































We have a window box under our kitchen window. I came across a neat tip for keeping the dirty water from splashing up on the window when we water the plants.
After you plant your flowers in the window box, put a layer of gravel or marbles on top. When you water or it rains, the dirt won't splash all over the windows. I'm tryin it!!

3 comments:

Mari said...

What a great idea!

Anonymous said...

I used to have window boxes and the rain always made a mess. Too bad it's too late for me :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie ~ We don't have window boxes...but I find them so pretty and may be something that I need to mention to my husband! Such a great idea in keeping the windows clean! Thank you for the helpful tip. Hugs ~ Teri