Monday, July 5, 2010

Tips for Tuesday

I came across some of neat tips -

Before you pour sticky substances into a measuring cup fill it with hot water. Dump out the hot water, but don't dry the cup. Next, add your ingredient, such as peanut butter, and watch how easily it comes out.


Add garlic immediately to a recipe if you want a light taste of garlic and at the end of the recipe if you want a stronger taste of garlic.


Heat lelftover pizza ina nonstick skillet on top of the stove, set the heat at med-low and heat till warm. This keeps the crust crispy.


6 comments:

Mari said...

What good ideas! The garlic one is interesting. It seems the longer it was in the stronger it would be, but it must not be.

Anonymous said...

Hi Connie ~ Great tips that you have shared! Thank you! Teri

Unknown said...

Nice tips Connie, I like the one about the hot water making things non sticky, always a pain. Thanks

Make a Joyful Noise all ye Lands said...

Thank you Connie,
I made three Peanut Butter Pies. I will remember the tip using my peanut butter.

Thanks for sharing,
Virignia

Cherdecor said...

Those are good tips. I knew the one about the hot water in the cup, but when I am cooking, I NEVER think of it.

My Guatemalan friend taught me the tip about the garlic. Before I met her, I never used garlic.

Heating up pizza always seems to ruin it so maybe this will be the answer.

TJ said...

Great tips. I really appreciate the one about the pizza - normally nuke it and then it's soggy. I'll try your tip next time.