Thursday, January 20, 2011

Exercises for People over 50

Begin by standing on a comfortable surface where you have plenty of room on each side.

With a 5-lb. potato bag in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute and then relax.


Each day you'll find you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb. potato bag. Then try 50-lb. potato bag and eventually 100-lb. potato bag in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. (I'm at this level.)

After you feel confident at this level, put a potato in each bag.

6 comments:

Zaankali said...

As I'm reading I'm thinking where on earth are you shopping that you can buy a 50 or 100# bag of potatoes. That was too cute!

Anonymous said...

Wow...you got me...LOL!

Cherdecor said...

OH MY WORD! YOU GO GIRL!

Unknown said...

Good one!!! that was cute

Anonymous said...

Dear Connie...so, so cute! Hugs ♥ Teri

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

What a great idea. We need all the help we can get as we get older. I keep a couple of weights (pink of course) tucked under the edge of my coffee table. No one can see them and I can do what you suggest while I watch TV in the mornings.