Monday, February 28, 2011

What a Week........

I live in an area that rarely has any crime. I feel safe living in this area but I do lock our doors etc. Anyway, this pass week in an neighboring town two 18 year old boys had a disagreement and one took the life of the other. The boy who was killed was a friend of my neice and she cannot imagine something so tragic.

Then in another area near us there was a house fire and the owner died in this fire. This man had a history of alcohol abuse. I talked to the family and they are very sad that his life ended this way.

In these two happenings we have 3 sets of parents, along with family and many friends mourning the loss of loved ones. We have an 18 year boy in jail for the murder. So quickly lifes are change. My prayer is that somehow they can find the "peace" that only God can give.

3 comments:

Mari said...

It sure is sad, and as you say quite unusual for this area.

Cherdecor said...

Times are changing and not for the better. I am sorry for the families in your area that are not grieving.

Glenda said...

So many need His peace and comfort. I don't know how others make it without a close relationship with God.