Friday, July 17, 2009

Antique Tractor & Steam Engine Show

My husband and I went to the steam show today which is held on our area .
It is very well attended. There are a lot of old tractors and old machinery.
We saw the old saw mill and shingle mill. We watched the old
threshing machine do its thing.
Lunch was served; ice cream was available.
There was a tractor pull.
There was were men and women playing instruments and
singing.
There were allot of children there; it is good for the young to
see how the farmers made their living many years ago.
The old gents were really enjoying the day too.
It made think of the little house of the prairie days.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love looking back in time, to see how life was in the good ole' days. I don't think I could've survived back then.

Mari said...

Can you believe I've never been there? One of these days we will have to go. I think it would be interesting.