Friday, July 10, 2009

Bad news/Good news

I just received word from my friend/cousin that she has breast cancer.
She found a lump while doing a breast exam on herself.
That is the bad news.
She has a 98 per cent chance of full recovery.
She will have the lump removed
next Tuesday.
That is the good news.
She will need radiation afterwards for six weeks, daily.
Please remember my friend next Tuesday that all will go as planned.
For all of you reading this blog - please check your breast
and report anything that feels unusual.
And remember to have a monogram each year.
Early detection is so important!

3 comments:

Mari said...

I'm happy to hear she has a good prognosis. I lost a sister-in-law to this disease last October. She was 1 week younger than me. I just got results on my mammogram that it was normal.
I'll be praying for your friend.

Grandma Elsie said...

I am glad that God let her find it in time.
My sister and a sister in law are breast cancer survivors.
I have mine Mammogram in August.
I 'll be praying for her.

Anonymous said...

My mom was diagnosed 1 1/2 years ago. She had surgery and is cancer free today. She did amazingly well at 77 years of age. Mammograms showed nothing for her and it took forever for her to be diagnosed, but thankfully the outcome was a good one once the cancer was detected!