Sunday, July 26, 2009

How healthy is your faith?

My pastor had a message today on the Abraham and Issac story found in Genesis 28.
God told Abraham to offer his only son, Issac, as a sacrfice.
God asked Abraham to do the unthinkable!
Remember Issac said, the fire and wood are here; but where is the lamb
for the burnt offering, and Abraham replied, "God himself will provide the lamb."
And the two of them went on together.
Abraham went ahead and proceeded to do the sacrfice. He was ready to
kill Issac when God called for him to stop.
God provided a lamb.
What faith Abraham had - he did not know how God would provide a lamb
but he knew, without a doubt, that God would provide.
As I think about this story, I wonder what I would have done.
How often do I fail to trust God; get ahead of Him, or think I know better myself.
It makes me think, ask for forgiveness and look forward to tomorrow........

1 comment:

Mari said...

I've thought about this when reading this story. The thought of sacrificing your child is not a good one. Of course, we are still called to put God before all - husband, children, friends!